1. WHAT WE DO HERE: "Now, Interpret This!" is an ONLINE SCHOOL training in dream interpretation and intuitive (prophetic) reading. There are two ways to be involved here.
    1) Sign up as a member and request readings or dream interpretation, depending upon the membership you purchase.
    2) Apply for training and learn to be one who gives readings and dream interpretation.

Take Video Tour 1/Logging In
    Take Video Tour 2/Upgrades
    Take Video Tour 3/The Drop In
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NIT is open 3 semesters out of the year. 1) Fall Semester: September - November with December off, 2) Spring Semester: January - March with April off, 3) Summer Semester: May - July with August off. Want to check us out? The self-paced Student Orientation Course (Exploring The Realms) is available year-round. To see what we're about, purchase the Exploring The Realms subscription under Memberships tab.
    Dismiss Notice

(an Ungodly) Spirit Of Decay

Discussion in 'Spiritual Discussions' started by KT, Jun 8, 2016.

1. KT

KT Member

I have recently been alerted to look into the possibility of 'decay'. (word given to a friend recently). Does anyone have any insight what this looks like?

Here are some definitions...
    Webster Dictionary(2.33 / 3 votes)Rate this definition:
    1. Decay(verb)

to pass gradually from a sound, prosperous, or perfect state, to one of imperfection, adversity, or dissolution; to waste away; to decline; to fail; to become weak, corrupt, or disintegrated; to rot; to perish; as, a tree decays; fortunes decay; hopes decay

2. Decay(verb)

to cause to decay; to impair

3. Decay(verb)

to destroy

4. Decay(noun)

gradual failure of health, strength, soundness, prosperity, or of any species of excellence or perfection; tendency toward dissolution or extinction; corruption; rottenness; decline; deterioration; as, the decay of the body; the decay of virtue; the decay of the Roman empire; a castle in decay

5. Decay(noun)

destruction; death

6. Decay(noun)

cause of decay

Origin: [OF. decaeir, dechaer, decheoir, F. dchoir, to decline, fall, become less; L. de- + cadere to fall. See Chance.]
    Wherein lies the redemption? The direction having been given such a word?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  2. Melody

Melody Founder/Dean of NIT Staff Member

The only redemption I see in the word "decay" might be that it is in fact, a decomposition, which is a death to flesh and return to the earth, so to speak. I would be most interested in the context in which the word was actually given or used.

3. KT

KT Member

OK here goes.....

Shared this testimony with a Bro which I had posted on my JGLM healing prayer group skype chat:

Here is a testimony share I just posted to the JGLM group. Daddy is on the move...praise God...He is Holy.

Hi All I have a dinner meeting with one of my consulting supporters this evening and will not be able to join again. In the meanwhile my family and I are undergoing a mini faith walk having decided to take a sudden level of payment/provision coming in this month to make the move finally back to Helena's home country. With two dogs and a rabbit to be transferred we had not been in position to do so for a long time. Once last year before moving forward with the fish business in Hong Kong I did turn down a very interested offer from a Jakarta based restaurant group to work there. So we are moving on our own! So far the costs seem to be falling into line with what we will have to spend. Please lift up our family in this move.

By the way during this partial realization of my wife's short medium and long term dream to move finally and settle in Bali where we met (she's Indonesian), we have come into better agreement on many day to day things. I chanced one day to watch the testimony of a born again former witch explaining the relation of tattooing to blood rituals and the spiritual things that go on in each. Quite interesting aha moment. Anyway since I am Jewish and Japanese descent and my wife is all over the place mixed, I got feeling we could repent and confess for ourselves and generations before. In three minutes we did a 'repeat along with me' kind of declaration in confession and repentance for any of those blood things that might bring on iniquity. three days later despite the sudden incredibly painful wrist swelling that happened the following day, I feel huge relief in my hip! Praise God Hallelujah. More Lord!

Response: That's wonderful Kenji! How cool! PTL!

Two minutes later: Right after I finished writing to you I heard "decay". Sounds like the name of a spirit that also needs to be kicked out!
    Blessings and Strength in JC's name

This guy's pretty accurate I must say when it comes to these things :). So I'm curious.

Another Bro added some insight very interesting which puts decay as an adjutant or set of adjutants for spirit of Death which of course came in the Adamic Sin agreement:

It is the Law of Entropy And Romans says something about it, I pull it up: Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption (Law of Entropy, in the Scientific world) into the glorious liberty of the children of God. Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
    Also David said something about that Jesus would not see decay. It is one of the major Spirits old age that leads to death that influences this world. There are also lessor spirits of Decay. The one I was talking about is the head one, that is over this world.
    It gained huge amounts of power at the Flood, when the live of man went from 800 years to 120. How I know that I don't know, but I do. It does not continue into the New Earth, and is thrown into the Lake of Fire. I don't know how I know that either.

From the web I found this OT focused references that are all Solomon's pre-New Covenant perspective on Decay:

Proverbs 24:30-34
    Many proverbs refer to the deleterious effects of neglect or passivity involving the sluggard as both the perpetrator and recipient of ruin and waste. It is a perennial theme throughout the wisdom literature of the Bible:
    » Proverbs 15:19: The way of the lazy man is like a hedge of thorns, but the way of the upright is a highway.
    » Proverbs 12:27: The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting, but diligence is man's precious possession.
    » Ecclesiastes 10:18: Because of laziness the building decays, and through idleness of hands the house leaks.
    In each of these examples, destruction, decay, or corruption are shown to be the cumulative effects of neglect. A modest coat of paint will protect metal and wood surfaces from rust, rot, and the ravages of weather. However, doing nothing will cause structures to decay incrementally, looking as though terrorists had intended to destroy them. Who needs bombs and explosives when the same effect can be accomplished by doing absolutely nothing?

Sounds like decay and sluggardly-ness are practically intertwined.

There must be a redemptive angle.

Cheers!

4. Melody

Melody Founder/Dean of NIT Staff Member

Well, we know that "neglect" is a huge factor in decay. The redemptive quality to restore what has decayed would be diligence to care for what is valued. Care and attention would be the redemption.

KT likes this.