1. WHAT WE DO HERE: "Now, Interpret This!" is an ONLINE SCHOOL training in dream interpretation and intuitive (prophetic) reading. There are two ways to be involved here.
    1) Sign up as a member and request readings or dream interpretation, depending upon the membership you purchase.
    2) Apply for training and learn to be one who gives readings and dream interpretation.

Take Video Tour 1/Logging In
    Take Video Tour 2/Upgrades
    Take Video Tour 3/The Drop In
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NIT is open 3 semesters out of the year. 1) Fall Semester: September - November with December off, 2) Spring Semester: January - March with April off, 3) Summer Semester: May - July with August off. Want to check us out? The self-paced Student Orientation Course (Exploring The Realms) is available year-round. To see what we're about, purchase the Exploring The Realms subscription under Memberships tab.
    Dismiss Notice

New Style Of Worship?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Discussions' started by Del, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Del

Del Site Liaison Associate

While driving home from the Intern retreat, our vehicle full of people (@Jill, @Tammy) discussed our worship last evening. We had lots of time since we got temporarily delayed on the top of Snoqualmie Pass. :notworthy:

Now, with that being said, I'm coming at this from the point of a musician. Those of you who aren't a musician (or consider yourself one), you will find this rather interesting... :cautious:

The typical style of worship is for the worship leader (usually a singer) to start a pre-determined song. Other times, the band will start to play something (also, usually pre-determined). If you will notice, this weekend, we didn't do that. I felt led to have the drummer start a beat. I then said that I'd follow that lead. An item to note... this is never done that I know of.

Last evening, I watched everyone in the room throughout most of the evening. If someone moved a flag a certain way, I did something on the keyboard to reflect that movement. When Sherry directed people to move flags in and out, I played something to represent that, too. Whenever the drum beat appeared most pronounced, I followed that up with the same type of beat on the keyboard. There were several that waved flags in floating manners, so the music became more floating. If the flags were "violent," the music reflected the movement of this violence (the violent take it by force).

The whole point behind this is I've never seen worship done in this manner before. It was a leading of the entire group and whoever had the motion at the moment, led the worship. If you may remember, Jill grabbed the cabasa and walked over near me and started hammering out a rhythm on it. She looked at me as if to be saying, "This is the war now! Let's do it!!!" I followed suit by doing something in the bass line of the keyboard to supplement her rhythm.

During this time, Tammy was at the door interceding as the gatekeeper. She knew the key was to watch that door. I'll let her comment below about what Doug Addison prophesied over her concerning that prophetic act. If I'm correct, this was also the time Julie was standing on the chair in the corner of the room and it may have been when she saw that beam of light going up into the heavens.

During the entire worship time, I watched everyone and felt led to watch for the "leader of the moment" so that I could follow what he/she was doing. Sometimes it was corporate and other times, it was an individual leader. This "style" of worship brought amazing unity within our group. We didn't need a singer to lead us; we needed each other.

Saying all of that, the Lord has been speaking to me for quite some time about a new style of worship. It was on the way home today that I realized this was it! It's a VERY difficult thing for a musician to flow and even follow in such a manner. It requires listening in a way that you never have to do or are trained in our style of Western music. For example, the drum beats were often not in a consistent meter. This required "hearing" what Father was saying and creating a beat or musical phrase that reflected the "beat or sound of the moment."

All of the motion had it's order and it was all different. So, the key (no pun intended), :sick: was to listen to Spirit and see how that could be reflected musically. From my personal musical knowledge, this is something outside the realm of modern musical understanding. However, Father has been teaching me this, often without me even realizing it. This was also prophesied over me at least a year ago. I just didn't understand it. Then, coming home today, and talking through all the points, it all began to gel.

As we worshiped through three nights, we became more proficient in this style of worship without us even knowing it. By last evening, everyone was free to either wave a flag, dance, sit quietly (watchmen?), play an instrument or intercede, etc. At any given time, each of you was a leader during the worship. We all had our part.

For now, I'm going to leave it at this. Looking forward to more comments...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    Cheri, Marjorie, Carmi and 4 others like this.
  2. Julie

Julie Prophetic Coach

That is exactly when I saw the beam of light.

Kim, Marjorie, KG and 1 other person like this.
  3. Del

I thought so :D

Julie likes this.
  4. Seneca

Seneca Member

Yeah, I was cognizant that this was the new sound also, and have great video of Marilyn starting out on the drums that first night and then chaos and then everybody learns to play together. I will upload if I ever get home.

Marjorie, Carmi, Marilyn and 3 others like this.
  5. Melissa

Melissa Member Weekly Reader Associate

There was one point where I was told to be still and just wait.

Marjorie, Carmi, Kim and 2 others like this.
  6. Tammy

Tammy Associate

There was certainly intense activity during the flagging, more than I have ever experienced with flags personally.

I did feel led to the door, and outside, and just prayed in the spirit until I felt released. I know Marylin was covering the door as well.

This was when I had asked the Lord what was happening in the house, and He said we were still in the womb.

I just felt an intense focus on the door, so I kept praying.

On the way home, while discussing this with Del and Jill, I recalled Doug Addison speaking to me about keys and doors when he prophesied over me on the 7th of this month...this is him within 40 seconds of his word over me....
    "I see Revelation chapter 3 speaking about the key of David that speaks of doors that can't be closed and closed doors that can't be opened..Tammy you have a strong prophetic intercession gift, and that ability to close and open doors has to do with that gifting..."
    He was telling me about new authority that I was coming into, and the opportunities coming during this season of my life.
    So when Del asked me what I was doing hanging out at the door during worship, this came back to my memory. Because I just felt the need to pray in the doorway.

I too Seneca felt the first night the Lord was showing we were all sort of "out of sync", but by the end we would all be "in sync" with one another. This sure did seem to happen beautifully, with each of us contributing our own parts!

Seneca, Marjorie, KG and 3 others like this.
  7. Del

Yep... I saw that. It was one of those times you were "leading" through the waiting part. Sometimes, we think that we actually have to be "doing" something in order to be an active participant. This is good :D

Marjorie, KG, Kim and 1 other person like this.
  8. Tammy

Tammy Associate

Marylin and Carmi both did a Native cry, and holy Toledo it knocked my socks off! Very powerful in the spirit of what was happening!

Marjorie, KG, Carmi and 3 others like this.
  9. Sherry

Sherry Associate

When I asked Wayne to read the creation story, I felt we were indeed creating something Saturday night. I didn't see all that you saw, Del, so I'm glad you fleshed it out, as there were some behind me, or I had my eyes closed. Stomping our feet at one point felt like we were sending vibrations into the earth. It was an amazing time!

Marjorie, KG, Carmi and 2 others like this.
  10. Del

Sherry.... for some reason (probably Holy Spirit), I felt that I was to watch everyone and "be led" to see who was actually leading. As I said, I led by following. Did you notice that when you started playing those intense drum beats, I started doing something to match and then everyone else joined in? It was like this wave of stuff kept happening. In order for this to take place, we had to be so "in tune" with one another. It was truly amazing ;)

Marjorie, KG and Kim like this.
  11. Del

@Melissah .... Did you notice the above word that I used for people sitting quietly? It says something about "watchmen?" I just read your Facebook post and you have something about a watchman call up there. Interesting...

Marjorie, KG, Carmi and 2 others like this.
  12. Kim

Kim Guest

I sensed everything said here. Sometimes my senses seemed on overload and they defiantly were the last night of worship.My sensory perception(?) is very in tune to things around me and I can say there was a lot going on in our worship time. I felt lead at one point to "guard the door" also so I obeyed. I agree with what your analogy of a new form of worship Del and I believe we have started it.

Marjorie, Carmi, Marilyn and 2 others like this.
  13. Sherry

Sherry Associate

Yes, and I remember looking at you sometimes like intensely being on the same wave length. Also, there was tag-teaming going on. At one point, Carmi came alongside me and took over the drum. That allowed me to do tambourine, flags and prayer. The movement in the room was amazing. I have never played that drum so loudly as you hardly have to touch it to get a good sound in that size room. I was beating it until my hands hurt.

Marjorie, Melody, Carmi and 1 other person like this.
  14. Del

RAWWRRRRR!!!!!!!

Melody and Kim like this.
  15. Everything about NIT is all about a New Song. whether that be worship, interpreting dreams, prophetic words - it's all about being a pioneer!! We are forerunners of the new! So honored to be part of this team!!

Marjorie, Kim, Carmi and 1 other person like this.
  16. Del

We need a "double like" button... :D

Cheri, Marjorie, Melody and 1 other person like this.
  17. Melissa

"Watchmen" and "intercessory prayer" have come up multiple times over the last few weeks, so I'm reading about them.

KG, Kim and Carmi like this.
  18. Melissa

Shortly before worship started that night, I felt like I was supposed to close the door even though I had just opened it because it was quite warm in the room; like something was out there that shouldn't get in.

Marjorie, Melody, Kim and 1 other person like this.
  19. Seneca

Seneca Member

Kim and Del like this.
  20. Del

Dutch Sheets wrote an amazing book on intercessory prayer.

21. It's a classic!

Del likes this.
  22. Melissa

Cool. I have Intercessory Prayer,Watchman Prayer and Authority in Prayer by him on my list.

Del and Kim like this.
  23. Kim

Kim Guest

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Seneca

Seneca Member

25. Seneca

Seneca Member

Del and Kim like this.
  26. Paula

Paula Member

Just listening to this takes me back to the same realm. we need to cut a cd

Cheri and Kim like this.
  27. KG

KG Member

I felt during this worship session that there was an angel behind me. I had Del's fire flags waving at first, but I felt prompted to get out and wave the glory flags. I was hearing I am releasing the "glory'" I was waving the glory flags to the beat of the drums. It was amazing. I knew the angel behind me was waving their arms the same way I was waving mine. This was such an increadable worship experience. Like Melissah, I had a intersession moment. It is beginning to fall on me in moments to pray out of no where for things as I pass by people or places. Even while at work. This worship has started, opening up, birthed, brought forward something new. I know I am feeling it. This is so awesome. Thank you Del for sharing this from the musician's point of view. Thank you Seneca for the video!

Del, Melissa and Kim like this.
  28. Del

Time to make some more glory flags... I have lots of fabric to make more fire flags :)

Kim and KG like this.
  29. Seneca

Seneca Member

There was a big blue orb appearing and disappearing near the door. 3rd video I think.

Cheri and Kim like this.
  30. Seneca

Seneca Member

Just rereading this... @Tammy look what has happened!

Kim likes this.